This page contains details of all the products we sell here at wineman

You can search by colour, country or brand or use the handy search box at the top of the site

62 Anniversario Primitivo 6 Bottles San Marzano

Product Code: 5202913A6pack
Brand: San Marzano wines
Stock Status: in stock
£130.92loading (inc VAT @ 20%)
RRP: £165.00loading you save £34.08loading
0/50/50/50/50/5 awarded 0/5 by 0 customers
 
Quantity:
|
We accept these credit and debit cards

CASE DISCOUNTS - BUY MORE AND SAVE!

San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo Di Manduria Riserva 2014 - 6 Bottle Case

The 62 Anniversario Primitivo red wine from Cantine San Marzano is dry, deep, and full-bodied, crafted from hand-picked grapes in vineyards bordered on either side by the Ionian and the Adriatic seas in the Puglia red wine region of Italy. The 2012 San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo won a gold medal at the 2015 Sommelier Wine Awards, while the 62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria Riserva 2011 won a silver medal in the 2014 Sommelier Wine Awards. The wine has also won the bronze medal in the 2015 Decanter World Wine Awards, so it has quite a pedigree!

Winery Information

In the heart of d.o.p. Primitivo di Manduria and Mediterranean terroir, Cantine San Marzano has settled in Apulia, Italy. The cantine was established in 1962 by 19 vine growers whose families had farmed the area for generations. It has evolved with the years while maintaining its loyalty to traditional Apulian winemaking. Now the co-operative consists of over 1000 wine growers of the Puglia region. San Marzano wines are elegant and offer a wide variation of appeal, from red to white to rosé, sparkling and not. Prior to 2013, they were known as Lucarelli, but they have since re branded and become a world-renowned name in winemaking with many awards. They have won wine awards in China and Japan as well as in Italy, both nationally and internationally.

Vinification

After the grapes for the 62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria have reached an advanced stage of ripeness, they are harvested by hand. It is this marked ripeness that gives the wine full-bodied character. Maceration occurs over 18 days on 80% of the mass, while the remaining 20% undergoes 25 days of maceration. The maceration is another process that enhances the body and mouthfeel of the San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo, while the partially extended maceration adds colour and complexity without becoming overly astringent or harsh. The macerated grapes then undergo thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation at 24 to 26°C with autochthonous yeasts. The wine ages for 18 months in French and American wood barrels.

Viticulture

The selected Primitivo grapes (also known as Zinfandel) were harvested in late September from one of the older vineyards in San Marzano and Sava, from the d.o.p. Primitivo de Manduria from which the "62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria" gains its name. The vines were planted to a density of 5000 bush vines per hectare. Iron oxides tint the fine soil red, while a dry climate with hot days and cold nights helps the grapes fully develop their character. The soil is generally calcareous with few emerging rocks, which results in cool underground temperatures and water retention. It is this somewhat harsh Italian climate that characterises many of the bold San Marzano wines produced in the region.

Tasting Notes

The 62 Anniversario Primitivo is a dry red wine with 14.5% alcohol, which is a touch on the higher side but an expected characteristic of wines made from the Zinfandel grape variety. The fine tannins and a hint of spice make it very enjoyable to drink. Flavours of black cherry, jam, prunes, tobacco, and licorice can be noted at the first sip, trailed by hints of cocoa, vanilla, and coffee. Its velvety texture combined with a long, lingering finish makes it a delicious red wine alone or with a meal. Wine judges in the 2014 Sommelier Wine Awards called it "Big and powerful," while Roger Jones called it "Luxurious, rich, and lingering," noting the "velvety, gorgeous palate, with its long, luscious finish" at the 2015 Sommelier Wine Awards.

Serving suggestion

This Puglia red wine can be enjoyed alone or with a variety of savoury dishes. Allow it to age for up to seven years for matured flavours. Serve slightly below room temperature at 18°C to fully enjoy the experience. Pair with red meat such as steak or game, or a stew with a red wine base.

Grape - Primitivo 100%

Country - Italy

Region - Apulia

Alcohol: 14.5%

Body Value: D (A is light, E is full bodied)

Contains Sulphites: Yes

Vegetarian/Vegan: Yes/Yes

Milk/Eggs: No/No

Organic/Biodynamic No/No

Closure: Natural Cork

VegetarianVegan

Winemaker
Caterina Bellanova

Additional Resources:

http://www.cantinesanmarzano.com/product/anniversario-62/?lang=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinfandel

 

This page contains details of all the products we sell here at wineman

You can search by colour, country or brand or use the handy search box at the top of the site

62 Anniversario Primitivo 6 Bottles San Marzano

Product Code: 5202913A6pack
Brand: San Marzano wines
Stock Status: in stock
£130.92loading (inc VAT @ 20%)
RRP: £165.00loading you save £34.08loading
0/50/50/50/50/5 awarded 0/5 by 0 customers
Quantity:
  | 
We accept these credit and debit cards
 

CASE DISCOUNTS - BUY MORE AND SAVE!

San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo Di Manduria Riserva 2014 - 6 Bottle Case

The 62 Anniversario Primitivo red wine from Cantine San Marzano is dry, deep, and full-bodied, crafted from hand-picked grapes in vineyards bordered on either side by the Ionian and the Adriatic seas in the Puglia red wine region of Italy. The 2012 San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo won a gold medal at the 2015 Sommelier Wine Awards, while the 62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria Riserva 2011 won a silver medal in the 2014 Sommelier Wine Awards. The wine has also won the bronze medal in the 2015 Decanter World Wine Awards, so it has quite a pedigree!

Winery Information

In the heart of d.o.p. Primitivo di Manduria and Mediterranean terroir, Cantine San Marzano has settled in Apulia, Italy. The cantine was established in 1962 by 19 vine growers whose families had farmed the area for generations. It has evolved with the years while maintaining its loyalty to traditional Apulian winemaking. Now the co-operative consists of over 1000 wine growers of the Puglia region. San Marzano wines are elegant and offer a wide variation of appeal, from red to white to rosé, sparkling and not. Prior to 2013, they were known as Lucarelli, but they have since re branded and become a world-renowned name in winemaking with many awards. They have won wine awards in China and Japan as well as in Italy, both nationally and internationally.

Vinification

After the grapes for the 62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria have reached an advanced stage of ripeness, they are harvested by hand. It is this marked ripeness that gives the wine full-bodied character. Maceration occurs over 18 days on 80% of the mass, while the remaining 20% undergoes 25 days of maceration. The maceration is another process that enhances the body and mouthfeel of the San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo, while the partially extended maceration adds colour and complexity without becoming overly astringent or harsh. The macerated grapes then undergo thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation at 24 to 26°C with autochthonous yeasts. The wine ages for 18 months in French and American wood barrels.

Viticulture

The selected Primitivo grapes (also known as Zinfandel) were harvested in late September from one of the older vineyards in San Marzano and Sava, from the d.o.p. Primitivo de Manduria from which the "62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria" gains its name. The vines were planted to a density of 5000 bush vines per hectare. Iron oxides tint the fine soil red, while a dry climate with hot days and cold nights helps the grapes fully develop their character. The soil is generally calcareous with few emerging rocks, which results in cool underground temperatures and water retention. It is this somewhat harsh Italian climate that characterises many of the bold San Marzano wines produced in the region.

Tasting Notes

The 62 Anniversario Primitivo is a dry red wine with 14.5% alcohol, which is a touch on the higher side but an expected characteristic of wines made from the Zinfandel grape variety. The fine tannins and a hint of spice make it very enjoyable to drink. Flavours of black cherry, jam, prunes, tobacco, and licorice can be noted at the first sip, trailed by hints of cocoa, vanilla, and coffee. Its velvety texture combined with a long, lingering finish makes it a delicious red wine alone or with a meal. Wine judges in the 2014 Sommelier Wine Awards called it "Big and powerful," while Roger Jones called it "Luxurious, rich, and lingering," noting the "velvety, gorgeous palate, with its long, luscious finish" at the 2015 Sommelier Wine Awards.

Serving suggestion

This Puglia red wine can be enjoyed alone or with a variety of savoury dishes. Allow it to age for up to seven years for matured flavours. Serve slightly below room temperature at 18°C to fully enjoy the experience. Pair with red meat such as steak or game, or a stew with a red wine base.

Grape - Primitivo 100%

Country - Italy

Region - Apulia

Alcohol: 14.5%

Body Value: D (A is light, E is full bodied)

Contains Sulphites: Yes

Vegetarian/Vegan: Yes/Yes

Milk/Eggs: No/No

Organic/Biodynamic No/No

Closure: Natural Cork

VegetarianVegan

Winemaker
Caterina Bellanova

Additional Resources:

http://www.cantinesanmarzano.com/product/anniversario-62/?lang=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinfandel

Customer Reviews
Be the first to review this product | Write a Review and share your opinions!
Help our customers make the best choices by telling everyone what you think about this product.

This page contains details of all the products we sell here at wineman

You can search by colour, country or brand or use the handy search box at the top of the site

62 Anniversario Primitivo 6 Bottles San Marzano

Product Code: 5202913A6pack
Brand: San Marzano wines
Stock Status: in stock
£130.92loading (inc VAT @ 20%)
RRP: £165.00loading you save £34.08loading
0/50/50/50/50/5 awarded 0/5 by 0 customers
 
Quantity:
|
We accept these credit and debit cards

CASE DISCOUNTS - BUY MORE AND SAVE!

San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo Di Manduria Riserva 2014 - 6 Bottle Case

The 62 Anniversario Primitivo red wine from Cantine San Marzano is dry, deep, and full-bodied, crafted from hand-picked grapes in vineyards bordered on either side by the Ionian and the Adriatic seas in the Puglia red wine region of Italy. The 2012 San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo won a gold medal at the 2015 Sommelier Wine Awards, while the 62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria Riserva 2011 won a silver medal in the 2014 Sommelier Wine Awards. The wine has also won the bronze medal in the 2015 Decanter World Wine Awards, so it has quite a pedigree!

Winery Information

In the heart of d.o.p. Primitivo di Manduria and Mediterranean terroir, Cantine San Marzano has settled in Apulia, Italy. The cantine was established in 1962 by 19 vine growers whose families had farmed the area for generations. It has evolved with the years while maintaining its loyalty to traditional Apulian winemaking. Now the co-operative consists of over 1000 wine growers of the Puglia region. San Marzano wines are elegant and offer a wide variation of appeal, from red to white to rosé, sparkling and not. Prior to 2013, they were known as Lucarelli, but they have since re branded and become a world-renowned name in winemaking with many awards. They have won wine awards in China and Japan as well as in Italy, both nationally and internationally.

Vinification

After the grapes for the 62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria have reached an advanced stage of ripeness, they are harvested by hand. It is this marked ripeness that gives the wine full-bodied character. Maceration occurs over 18 days on 80% of the mass, while the remaining 20% undergoes 25 days of maceration. The maceration is another process that enhances the body and mouthfeel of the San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo, while the partially extended maceration adds colour and complexity without becoming overly astringent or harsh. The macerated grapes then undergo thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation at 24 to 26°C with autochthonous yeasts. The wine ages for 18 months in French and American wood barrels.

Viticulture

The selected Primitivo grapes (also known as Zinfandel) were harvested in late September from one of the older vineyards in San Marzano and Sava, from the d.o.p. Primitivo de Manduria from which the "62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria" gains its name. The vines were planted to a density of 5000 bush vines per hectare. Iron oxides tint the fine soil red, while a dry climate with hot days and cold nights helps the grapes fully develop their character. The soil is generally calcareous with few emerging rocks, which results in cool underground temperatures and water retention. It is this somewhat harsh Italian climate that characterises many of the bold San Marzano wines produced in the region.

Tasting Notes

The 62 Anniversario Primitivo is a dry red wine with 14.5% alcohol, which is a touch on the higher side but an expected characteristic of wines made from the Zinfandel grape variety. The fine tannins and a hint of spice make it very enjoyable to drink. Flavours of black cherry, jam, prunes, tobacco, and licorice can be noted at the first sip, trailed by hints of cocoa, vanilla, and coffee. Its velvety texture combined with a long, lingering finish makes it a delicious red wine alone or with a meal. Wine judges in the 2014 Sommelier Wine Awards called it "Big and powerful," while Roger Jones called it "Luxurious, rich, and lingering," noting the "velvety, gorgeous palate, with its long, luscious finish" at the 2015 Sommelier Wine Awards.

Serving suggestion

This Puglia red wine can be enjoyed alone or with a variety of savoury dishes. Allow it to age for up to seven years for matured flavours. Serve slightly below room temperature at 18°C to fully enjoy the experience. Pair with red meat such as steak or game, or a stew with a red wine base.

Grape - Primitivo 100%

Country - Italy

Region - Apulia

Alcohol: 14.5%

Body Value: D (A is light, E is full bodied)

Contains Sulphites: Yes

Vegetarian/Vegan: Yes/Yes

Milk/Eggs: No/No

Organic/Biodynamic No/No

Closure: Natural Cork

VegetarianVegan

Winemaker
Caterina Bellanova

Additional Resources:

http://www.cantinesanmarzano.com/product/anniversario-62/?lang=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinfandel

 

This page contains details of all the products we sell here at wineman

You can search by colour, country or brand or use the handy search box at the top of the site

62 Anniversario Primitivo 6 Bottles San Marzano

Product Code: 5202913A6pack
Brand: San Marzano wines
Stock Status: in stock
£130.92loading (inc VAT @ 20%)
RRP: £165.00loading you save £34.08loading
0/50/50/50/50/5 awarded 0/5 by 0 customers
Quantity:
  | 
We accept these credit and debit cards
 

CASE DISCOUNTS - BUY MORE AND SAVE!

San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo Di Manduria Riserva 2014 - 6 Bottle Case

The 62 Anniversario Primitivo red wine from Cantine San Marzano is dry, deep, and full-bodied, crafted from hand-picked grapes in vineyards bordered on either side by the Ionian and the Adriatic seas in the Puglia red wine region of Italy. The 2012 San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo won a gold medal at the 2015 Sommelier Wine Awards, while the 62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria Riserva 2011 won a silver medal in the 2014 Sommelier Wine Awards. The wine has also won the bronze medal in the 2015 Decanter World Wine Awards, so it has quite a pedigree!

Winery Information

In the heart of d.o.p. Primitivo di Manduria and Mediterranean terroir, Cantine San Marzano has settled in Apulia, Italy. The cantine was established in 1962 by 19 vine growers whose families had farmed the area for generations. It has evolved with the years while maintaining its loyalty to traditional Apulian winemaking. Now the co-operative consists of over 1000 wine growers of the Puglia region. San Marzano wines are elegant and offer a wide variation of appeal, from red to white to rosé, sparkling and not. Prior to 2013, they were known as Lucarelli, but they have since re branded and become a world-renowned name in winemaking with many awards. They have won wine awards in China and Japan as well as in Italy, both nationally and internationally.

Vinification

After the grapes for the 62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria have reached an advanced stage of ripeness, they are harvested by hand. It is this marked ripeness that gives the wine full-bodied character. Maceration occurs over 18 days on 80% of the mass, while the remaining 20% undergoes 25 days of maceration. The maceration is another process that enhances the body and mouthfeel of the San Marzano 62 Anniversario Primitivo, while the partially extended maceration adds colour and complexity without becoming overly astringent or harsh. The macerated grapes then undergo thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation at 24 to 26°C with autochthonous yeasts. The wine ages for 18 months in French and American wood barrels.

Viticulture

The selected Primitivo grapes (also known as Zinfandel) were harvested in late September from one of the older vineyards in San Marzano and Sava, from the d.o.p. Primitivo de Manduria from which the "62 Anniversario Primitivo di Manduria" gains its name. The vines were planted to a density of 5000 bush vines per hectare. Iron oxides tint the fine soil red, while a dry climate with hot days and cold nights helps the grapes fully develop their character. The soil is generally calcareous with few emerging rocks, which results in cool underground temperatures and water retention. It is this somewhat harsh Italian climate that characterises many of the bold San Marzano wines produced in the region.

Tasting Notes

The 62 Anniversario Primitivo is a dry red wine with 14.5% alcohol, which is a touch on the higher side but an expected characteristic of wines made from the Zinfandel grape variety. The fine tannins and a hint of spice make it very enjoyable to drink. Flavours of black cherry, jam, prunes, tobacco, and licorice can be noted at the first sip, trailed by hints of cocoa, vanilla, and coffee. Its velvety texture combined with a long, lingering finish makes it a delicious red wine alone or with a meal. Wine judges in the 2014 Sommelier Wine Awards called it "Big and powerful," while Roger Jones called it "Luxurious, rich, and lingering," noting the "velvety, gorgeous palate, with its long, luscious finish" at the 2015 Sommelier Wine Awards.

Serving suggestion

This Puglia red wine can be enjoyed alone or with a variety of savoury dishes. Allow it to age for up to seven years for matured flavours. Serve slightly below room temperature at 18°C to fully enjoy the experience. Pair with red meat such as steak or game, or a stew with a red wine base.

Grape - Primitivo 100%

Country - Italy

Region - Apulia

Alcohol: 14.5%

Body Value: D (A is light, E is full bodied)

Contains Sulphites: Yes

Vegetarian/Vegan: Yes/Yes

Milk/Eggs: No/No

Organic/Biodynamic No/No

Closure: Natural Cork

VegetarianVegan

Winemaker
Caterina Bellanova

Additional Resources:

http://www.cantinesanmarzano.com/product/anniversario-62/?lang=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinfandel

Customer Reviews
Be the first to review this product | Write a Review and share your opinions!
Help our customers make the best choices by telling everyone what you think about this product.