This page contains details of all the products we sell here at wineman

You can search by colour, country or brand or use the handy search box at the top of the site

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus white IGP Aude Hauterive

Product Code: 5698016A
Brand: Gerard Bertrand wines
Stock Status: in stock
£29.78loading (inc VAT @ 20%)
RRP: £30.28loading you save £0.50loading
0/50/50/50/50/5 awarded 0/5 by 0 customers
 
Quantity:
|
We accept these credit and debit cards

CASE DISCOUNTS - BUY MORE AND SAVE!

Quantity
Unit price
6+
£29.04loading
12+
£28.29loading

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus Blanc IGP Aude Hauterive 2016

Winery Information:
One of the most dynamic and brilliant winemakers from the South of France, where he owns no less than seven estates among the most prestigious terroirs of Languedoc Roussillon, Gérard Bertrand was named in 2012 as the ""European Winery of the Year"" by Wine Enthusiast and ""Red Wine Maker of the Year"" by the IWC.

Viticulture:
Gérard Bertrand acquired the Cigalus estate in 1995. Here, sustainable development is taken to extremes, as all 60 hectares are managed in a biodynamic manner (Demeter certification), making Cigalus one of the largest estates of its kind in France. The yields of the 15-year old vines are strictly controlled (25hl/ha) by green harvesting and grapes are allowed to reach full maturity before eing picked. Optimal maturity, sort the grapes to ensure sanitary state and daily tasting of each parcel of land before picking the grapes.

Soil:
Very deep soils (sediments deposited by the Aussou, a stream at the edge of the estate) which store the winter rains for longer but which are less fertile due to the presence of a slightly chalky sandstone in the subsoil.

Vinification:
The grapes are picked by hand from the 15 to 30 September. The Sauvignon grapes are selected first, in order to keep their freshness and acidity; the Chardonnay grapes are then picked having reached full maturity and the late-
maturing Viognier is selected last. Pressing is always immediate. After settling in the vat, 70% of the juice is fermented in new French oak barrels, while the remaining 30% is vinified in stainless steel vats. The wine is then aged for
approximately 8 months, with frequent stirring up, « batonnages », for the 70% in barrel, while the 30% in stainless steel vats is on fine lees.

Tasting Note:
Bright yellow with pale green reflections. Rich bouquet with aromas of white flowers, citrus fruits combined with white fruits (peach, apricot and grapefruit) and honey.The palate is lush, rich and smooth and at the same time very fresh. There are some hints of subtle vanilla, light toasty oak taste and very aromatic tropical fruits. The long, pleasant finish is lively and fresh.

Every day serving suggestion:
To be served with scallops, fishes with sauce or for the aperitive.

Additional Resources:
http://www.gerard-bertrand.com/

 

This page contains details of all the products we sell here at wineman

You can search by colour, country or brand or use the handy search box at the top of the site

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus white IGP Aude Hauterive

Product Code: 5698016A
Brand: Gerard Bertrand wines
Stock Status: in stock
£29.78loading (inc VAT @ 20%)
RRP: £30.28loading you save £0.50loading
0/50/50/50/50/5 awarded 0/5 by 0 customers
Quantity:
  | 
We accept these credit and debit cards
 

CASE DISCOUNTS - BUY MORE AND SAVE!

Quantity
Unit price
6+
£29.04loading
12+
£28.29loading

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus Blanc IGP Aude Hauterive 2016

Winery Information:
One of the most dynamic and brilliant winemakers from the South of France, where he owns no less than seven estates among the most prestigious terroirs of Languedoc Roussillon, Gérard Bertrand was named in 2012 as the ""European Winery of the Year"" by Wine Enthusiast and ""Red Wine Maker of the Year"" by the IWC.

Viticulture:
Gérard Bertrand acquired the Cigalus estate in 1995. Here, sustainable development is taken to extremes, as all 60 hectares are managed in a biodynamic manner (Demeter certification), making Cigalus one of the largest estates of its kind in France. The yields of the 15-year old vines are strictly controlled (25hl/ha) by green harvesting and grapes are allowed to reach full maturity before eing picked. Optimal maturity, sort the grapes to ensure sanitary state and daily tasting of each parcel of land before picking the grapes.

Soil:
Very deep soils (sediments deposited by the Aussou, a stream at the edge of the estate) which store the winter rains for longer but which are less fertile due to the presence of a slightly chalky sandstone in the subsoil.

Vinification:
The grapes are picked by hand from the 15 to 30 September. The Sauvignon grapes are selected first, in order to keep their freshness and acidity; the Chardonnay grapes are then picked having reached full maturity and the late-
maturing Viognier is selected last. Pressing is always immediate. After settling in the vat, 70% of the juice is fermented in new French oak barrels, while the remaining 30% is vinified in stainless steel vats. The wine is then aged for
approximately 8 months, with frequent stirring up, « batonnages », for the 70% in barrel, while the 30% in stainless steel vats is on fine lees.

Tasting Note:
Bright yellow with pale green reflections. Rich bouquet with aromas of white flowers, citrus fruits combined with white fruits (peach, apricot and grapefruit) and honey.The palate is lush, rich and smooth and at the same time very fresh. There are some hints of subtle vanilla, light toasty oak taste and very aromatic tropical fruits. The long, pleasant finish is lively and fresh.

Every day serving suggestion:
To be served with scallops, fishes with sauce or for the aperitive.

Additional Resources:
http://www.gerard-bertrand.com/

Customer Reviews
Be the first to review this product | Write a Review and share your opinions!
Help our customers make the best choices by telling everyone what you think about this product.

This page contains details of all the products we sell here at wineman

You can search by colour, country or brand or use the handy search box at the top of the site

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus white IGP Aude Hauterive

Product Code: 5698016A
Brand: Gerard Bertrand wines
Stock Status: in stock
£29.78loading (inc VAT @ 20%)
RRP: £30.28loading you save £0.50loading
0/50/50/50/50/5 awarded 0/5 by 0 customers
 
Quantity:
|
We accept these credit and debit cards

CASE DISCOUNTS - BUY MORE AND SAVE!

Quantity
Unit price
6+
£29.04loading
12+
£28.29loading

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus Blanc IGP Aude Hauterive 2016

Winery Information:
One of the most dynamic and brilliant winemakers from the South of France, where he owns no less than seven estates among the most prestigious terroirs of Languedoc Roussillon, Gérard Bertrand was named in 2012 as the ""European Winery of the Year"" by Wine Enthusiast and ""Red Wine Maker of the Year"" by the IWC.

Viticulture:
Gérard Bertrand acquired the Cigalus estate in 1995. Here, sustainable development is taken to extremes, as all 60 hectares are managed in a biodynamic manner (Demeter certification), making Cigalus one of the largest estates of its kind in France. The yields of the 15-year old vines are strictly controlled (25hl/ha) by green harvesting and grapes are allowed to reach full maturity before eing picked. Optimal maturity, sort the grapes to ensure sanitary state and daily tasting of each parcel of land before picking the grapes.

Soil:
Very deep soils (sediments deposited by the Aussou, a stream at the edge of the estate) which store the winter rains for longer but which are less fertile due to the presence of a slightly chalky sandstone in the subsoil.

Vinification:
The grapes are picked by hand from the 15 to 30 September. The Sauvignon grapes are selected first, in order to keep their freshness and acidity; the Chardonnay grapes are then picked having reached full maturity and the late-
maturing Viognier is selected last. Pressing is always immediate. After settling in the vat, 70% of the juice is fermented in new French oak barrels, while the remaining 30% is vinified in stainless steel vats. The wine is then aged for
approximately 8 months, with frequent stirring up, « batonnages », for the 70% in barrel, while the 30% in stainless steel vats is on fine lees.

Tasting Note:
Bright yellow with pale green reflections. Rich bouquet with aromas of white flowers, citrus fruits combined with white fruits (peach, apricot and grapefruit) and honey.The palate is lush, rich and smooth and at the same time very fresh. There are some hints of subtle vanilla, light toasty oak taste and very aromatic tropical fruits. The long, pleasant finish is lively and fresh.

Every day serving suggestion:
To be served with scallops, fishes with sauce or for the aperitive.

Additional Resources:
http://www.gerard-bertrand.com/

 

This page contains details of all the products we sell here at wineman

You can search by colour, country or brand or use the handy search box at the top of the site

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus white IGP Aude Hauterive

Product Code: 5698016A
Brand: Gerard Bertrand wines
Stock Status: in stock
£29.78loading (inc VAT @ 20%)
RRP: £30.28loading you save £0.50loading
0/50/50/50/50/5 awarded 0/5 by 0 customers
Quantity:
  | 
We accept these credit and debit cards
 

CASE DISCOUNTS - BUY MORE AND SAVE!

Quantity
Unit price
6+
£29.04loading
12+
£28.29loading

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus Blanc IGP Aude Hauterive 2016

Winery Information:
One of the most dynamic and brilliant winemakers from the South of France, where he owns no less than seven estates among the most prestigious terroirs of Languedoc Roussillon, Gérard Bertrand was named in 2012 as the ""European Winery of the Year"" by Wine Enthusiast and ""Red Wine Maker of the Year"" by the IWC.

Viticulture:
Gérard Bertrand acquired the Cigalus estate in 1995. Here, sustainable development is taken to extremes, as all 60 hectares are managed in a biodynamic manner (Demeter certification), making Cigalus one of the largest estates of its kind in France. The yields of the 15-year old vines are strictly controlled (25hl/ha) by green harvesting and grapes are allowed to reach full maturity before eing picked. Optimal maturity, sort the grapes to ensure sanitary state and daily tasting of each parcel of land before picking the grapes.

Soil:
Very deep soils (sediments deposited by the Aussou, a stream at the edge of the estate) which store the winter rains for longer but which are less fertile due to the presence of a slightly chalky sandstone in the subsoil.

Vinification:
The grapes are picked by hand from the 15 to 30 September. The Sauvignon grapes are selected first, in order to keep their freshness and acidity; the Chardonnay grapes are then picked having reached full maturity and the late-
maturing Viognier is selected last. Pressing is always immediate. After settling in the vat, 70% of the juice is fermented in new French oak barrels, while the remaining 30% is vinified in stainless steel vats. The wine is then aged for
approximately 8 months, with frequent stirring up, « batonnages », for the 70% in barrel, while the 30% in stainless steel vats is on fine lees.

Tasting Note:
Bright yellow with pale green reflections. Rich bouquet with aromas of white flowers, citrus fruits combined with white fruits (peach, apricot and grapefruit) and honey.The palate is lush, rich and smooth and at the same time very fresh. There are some hints of subtle vanilla, light toasty oak taste and very aromatic tropical fruits. The long, pleasant finish is lively and fresh.

Every day serving suggestion:
To be served with scallops, fishes with sauce or for the aperitive.

Additional Resources:
http://www.gerard-bertrand.com/

Customer Reviews
Be the first to review this product | Write a Review and share your opinions!
Help our customers make the best choices by telling everyone what you think about this product.